Friday, August 29, 2008

Come Join The Circus Where We All Wear Masks...




Viewer Discretion is Advised.

I never promised to be politically correct, or sensitive to age, race or gender. But I'm a Black woman, so that's okay, right? (LOL). I'm an equal opportunity offender, kinda like Family Guy. Feel free to disagree....

Here I was, fresh and ready to blog about Obama, and how for once in my life, I am watching the political dog and pony show with a sense of pride... But lo and behold, a greater travshamockery (travesty, sham and mockery - thanks Brandon!) is afoot. I promise, I will write about Obama later....

----------

For as long as I have been awake, I have understood that the American political process is a circus, and all the world is a stage. But never have I ever so thoroughly enjoyed a circus act, or laughed so hard at a show, as I did watching Sarah Palin's debut an opening act as John McCain's running mate.

This, my friends, is a whole new level of thirsty. I mean, come on Elephants... isn't it a little too late to try to shake up the old guard? Elections are two months away, and you are just now trying to pull this "shatter the glass ceiling" shit? Been there, done that. Her name is Hillary Clinton, and his name is Barack Obama - thanks for playing, though.

Watching her speak, I wondered... what the HELL were they thinking? I mean, besides trying to snatch a few disgruntled Hilary supporters and some folks that are scared of Black man in office. But really, how can you possibly believe that a woman who's the Governor of an ice block with a population of 12 is ready to step in as Commander in Chief when McCain croaks? (Yeah, that was insensitive, but we all know today is his 102nd birthday). As much as would absolutely digg the fact that a woman could serve as VP, this circus act has been overshadowed by the fact that she is an absolute moron with zero experience (oddly enough, McCain's primary point of attack on Obama), and the political knowledge of a tic-tac, to quote my sister.


Great highlights from Palin's performance:

  • Spending the first 3 hours (exaggeration, clearly) of her speech talking about her husband. If you are so hell bent on trailblazing, why are you so asphyxiated on talking about a man?

  • Spending the next 3 hours talking about her family. Come on lady, you guys live on a glacier. How fascinating can that REALLY be?

  • "I never set out to be VP or Governor....I started out with the PTA". Who ADMITS to not only not being qualified, but that they're really not interested in the job? It's only your first day!

  • Her son is going to Iraq. That's nice, but how many people's sons have gone to Iraq, and come back in body bags?

Palin's resume includes:

  • a Bachelor's degree from the University of Idaho in Journalism. Great, so she's qualified to write about potatoes? Even I've got you beat there - my degree is at least in Political Science...and from the #25 ranked University in the Nation.

  • Lifetime membership to the NRA.

  • She's anti-abortion. That's funny, isn't the NRA all about aborting lives? Or at least the right to choose to abort someone's life, that is a walking, talking person, and not just a fetus?
  • Governor of Alaska since 2006. What's this you say about drilling? Conservation my ass.
  • A current investigation on her actions, as to whether she fired Alaska's public safety commissioner because he would not fire her brother in law, who divorced Palin's sister. And this is why people think women can't be in positions of power....

Anywho, I find it amazing that the wife of the future president of the US (Obama) is more qualified than the Republican running mate. And she has introduced herself to the world as the non-threatening, sweet as pie, small town, Rosie the Riveter. Nice try, but you couldn't get me to buy that ish on clearance at the 99 Cent Store. After watching her make an absolute fool of herself, what did I take away from this? That if McCain wins, he will be somewhere in Washington, screwing the country up even more, while Palin bakes cookies for cabinet meetings, and uses taxpayer money to buy a snowblower for the White House lawn.


Just for some extra kicks, I'll include some reactions from my friends:


  • "Liberia, here I come!"
  • "Ok, shes a gun toting woman... we want f*ckin' Anne Oakley?"
  • "My pimp hand is itching..."
  • "America is going to hell in a gasoline soaked handbasket if thee people win."
  • "Ok so you have a Sarcophagus running for president, and a running mate with the political knowledge of a tic-tac...wtf?"
  • "Hillary, Oprah, and Michelle [Obama] should start a 'Women of Substance' tour."
  • "Michelle Obama needs to come out and fry that _____ (insert explicative here).
  • "We don't give a f*ck what your grandbaby's full name is!!!!"

Okay, so I do have some friends with good sense and decorum:

"McCain's strategy doesn't seem to be in the best interest of our nation, but in the best interest of his campaign. He can't speak on the issues concerning America without mentioning President Obama's name. He's very predictable and out of touch with what this country needs. He is the trilogy to Bush, and Bush Jr....Eight is enough." Well put, Sleep!

Yeah, I have some pretty anti-PC friends too...birds of a feather flock together, right? Well anywho, we all have a pact - if the Ringling Brother and Sister win the election in November, we will resurrect Garvey's Back to Africa Movement. That's right, we're leaving. And you can feel free to join us....


Eight is Enough!!!!


-- Crown Royal On Ice --

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Desperate. it is interesting enough though.

The republicans don't need a dynamic leader. They have special interests to play that role. They just need someone who can relate with enough people to win. The typical person is an idiot, so choosing an idiot to lead your nation should be enough to win an election... remember Bush'00?

Her positions are opposite to these common with women's rights. The fact that she stole Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama's 18 million cracks line is an insult. Women take pride in being QUALIFIED to hold and defend an office. Just because you were selected by an old pervert because you were a miss America contestant does not qualify you to hold office.

Maverick my ass...