Monday, August 25, 2008

Blu Inspiration

Damn! I love me some hmm...mmm...mm... good hip-hop music!
My friend introduced me to this artist out of LA named Blu at the beginning of the summer and I just have not been able to stop listening to his inspiring lyricisms combined with his producer's, (named Exile) "hit ya in the right spot" soul fulfilling beats. Check them out! Blu & Exile just came out with an album a year from last summer called Below the Heavens and are coming up in the hip-hop and rap world.

The song that really gets me going now a days is "Cold Hearted & Young", but you should also check out "Blu Collar Workers", " Just Another Day " and.... just the whole entire dam album yall!


Blu Collar Workers

Soul Amazing


Just Another Day





So what did y'all think of that? Its always refreshing to hear music that adds some substance and inspiration to your life.

As much as I do love Blu & Exile I am still yearning for some down ass female lyricists...Holla at me if ya know some (I know they are out there)! And we can have a much needed conversation about female hip-hop artists in the industry and just what it is like to be a female hip-hop fan in general, but that is a much longer blog for later.

This is Mixed Brown Sugar keep'n ya posted on the make your soul smile its that amazing music.
Until next time...

No comments: